- Could you help in our Community Café? Whether you prefer the kitchen or a customer facing environment, whether you have experience or none at all, we have a role for you! We also often need emergency cover for illness or holiday so if you can’t help on a regular basis but would be happy to be contacted for the occasional shift, we’d love to hear from you too! Full training and supervision provided.
- Do you love working with children and young people? If you have a professional background working with young people or in mental health and are available on a fortnightly Monday afternoon or evening, then Haven needs you! Also, if you don’t have a professional background with young people but would still love to be involved, then we also need people to help teach the children to cook basic meals in a fun and supportive way, and people to help wash up! If Mondays aren’t good for you, how about helping in our ICE Hub, any weekday, covering the morning break or lunchtime? If you’re interested in any of these roles, we’d love to hear from you!
- We are looking for people with a heart for those who find themselves vulnerable on a Saturday night: the homeless, the young girls, the lonely. We need prayer walkers, people who are good at making conversation and listening, people who can hand out flips flops, bottles of water and cups of tea. If you can stay awake between 9:30pm and 1am, and are happy to walk the streets of Exmouth with a team once a month on a Saturday night, then Nightshift needs you!
- Click here to download our Volunteer Application form!
A HUGE thank you to all those who have donated to us recently! We have very limited storage space at the centre so if you would like to make a donation, please contact us on 01395 224218 to check what we are in need of or see our Open Door Exmouth facebook page for up to date appeals.
- Pray for more volunteers, especially for the Cafe, Haven, ICE and Nightshift.
- Pray for the children and young people of our town, that those in need at the college will find the ICE team and the Hub for support, and for families who are struggling to hear about our Holiday Cafe, for additional support during the school holidays.
- Pray for the Haven children and parents, that they find the support they need and for those who no longer need that support, that they will feel confident enough to move on to create space for those who are on the waiting list.
- Pray for Men’s Shed as they extend their workshop to enable more to benefit from the project. Pray for health, strength and safety for all those involved.
- Pray for our Child Contact Centre team and the families they are supporting.
- Pray for our Café clients, for those who are in addiction, that they will find the courage and determination to attend support groups and go for rehab, for good opportunities for those who are looking for work and for those who are rough sleeping and eligible to access supported accommodation via the council, that they will accept the temporary options while awaiting something more permanent.
- Pray for our Nightshift teams when they are out every Saturday night between 9:30pm and 1am.
- Pray for health and strength for the staff team and our 100 volunteers!