Last updated: 1st October 2018
- Could you help in our Community Café kitchen? We are looking for pot washers and kitchen assistants so whether you have plenty of previous experience or have never worked in a kitchen but are willing to learn, we would love to hear from you! Also, we often need emergency cover for illness or holiday so if you can’t help on a regular basis but would be happy to be contacted for the occasional shift, we’d love to hear from you too! Full training and supervision provided.
- Do you love working with children and young people? If you have a professional background working with young people or in mental health and are available on a fortnightly Monday afternoon or evening, then Haven needs you! Also, if you don’t have a professional background with young people but would still love to be involved, then we also need people to help teach the children to cook basic meals in a fun and supportive way, and people to help wash up! If Mondays aren’t good for you, how about helping in our ICE Hub, any weekday, covering the morning break or lunchtime? If you’re interested in any of these roles, we’d love to hear from you!
- We are looking for people with a heart for those who find themselves vulnerable on a Saturday night: the homeless, the young girls, the lonely. We need prayer walkers, people who are good at making conversation and listening, people who can hand out flips flops, bottles of water and cups of tea. If you can stay awake between 9:30pm and 1am, and are happy to walk the streets of Exmouth with a team once a month on a Saturday night, then Nightshift needs you!
- Click here to download our Volunteer Application form!
- Men’s size Small/Medium Boxer Shorts (New)
- Ladies trousers small and medium (leggings, tracksuit bottoms, smart trousers etc. Not jeans please)
- Men’s jeans and combat trousers, small and medium (32 – 36 waist)
- Packets of Wet Wipes
- Deodarents (roll on or small cans)
- 1-2 Man tents (must have all parts, preferably be easy to set up, and come in a bag please)
- Pray for more volunteers, especially for the Cafe, Haven, ICE and Nightshift.
- Pray for the children and young people starting a new academic year, and for those at the college to find the ICE team and the Hub for support if they need.
- Pray for the Haven children and parents, that they find the support they need and for those who no longer need that support, that they will feel confident enough to move on to create space for those who are on the waiting list.
- Pray for planning permission to extend the Men’s Shed workshop and opening hours so we can run more sessions and make a difference to more people.
- Pray for our Child Contact Centre as we apply for reaccreditation from NACCC, as we have to every 3 years.
- Pray for our Café clients, for those who are in addiction, that they will find the courage and determination to attend support groups and go for rehab, for good opportunities for those who are looking for work and for those who are rough sleeping and eligible to access supported accommodation via the council, that they will accept the temporary options while awaiting something more permanent.
- Pray for our Nightshift teams when they are out every Saturday night between 9:30pm and 1am.
- Pray for health and strength for the staff team and our 100 volunteers!